Salient Features of the Course
- Diploma course in Civil Engineering.
- For admission in Ist year : 10th passed from any recognized board. (Maths, Science and English compulsory)
For admission in IInd year : ITI or 10+2 (vocational) from any recognized board
- 3 years
- Full time
- Semester system (Each semester is of 16 weeks and each week has 40 hours of contact for academic work)
Civil Engineering is one of the oldest branches of Engineering because it deals with the day to day necessities of life and provides for physical infrastructure of our modern society. Civil Engineers are concerned with all types of structures including dams, bridges, pipelines, roads, towers and buildings, transport systems, the design and management of our gas and water supply, sewerage systems, harbors, airports and railways.
- To design, planning, managing and supervise the construction of roads, pavements, hill roads , road drainage system, pipelines, towers and buildings, dams, power stations for electricity, embankments, construction of canals, head works, river training works, cross drainage works, regulatory and other Civil Engineering structures which should be safe, economical and environmentally-sound.
- Includes the jobs of detailed surveying, plotting of survey data, preparation of survey maps.
- To supervise operations involving proportioning, mixing, transporting, placing, compacting, finishing and curing of concrete.
- Construction of water supply and providing portable water.
- Collection and disposal of waste solids and liquids , sewage treatment works
- Preventing water logging and Irrigation works by tube wells.
- To supervise fabrication and erection of steel structures.
- To design simple steel structural elements.
- Make changes in design depending upon availability of materials.
- To read and interpret structural drawings of different elements.
Main Subjects :Three Year Diploma Curricular
- Basic Engineering Subjects
- Structural Mechanics
- Surveying, Irrigation Engineering
- Water Supply and Waste Water Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Soil & Foundation Engineering
- Const. Management and Accounts
- Elements of Steel Structural Design
- Estimating & Costing
- Building Construction
- Degree through A.I.I.A./Degree through A.M.I.E.
- Certain Universities admit diploma students in to 2nd year degree course after entrance exams.
- Civil engineers may specialize as chief civil engineers, construction engineers, municipal engineers, structural engineers, transport engineers, or water supply distribution engineers.
- Civil and public health engineers may work in the private sector as consulting engineers, project managers or construction contractors or in a wide range of government departments.
- Work opportunities for civil engineers are affected by fluctuations in the building and construction industry. As a result, the number of opportunities may rise or fall over a short period of time.
- Prestigious civil engineering projects such as express highway, Railway project, large dams and various bridges, water Resources and Environmental Projects, Transportation/Traffic in India and abroad require Civil Engineers.