Salient Features of the Course
- Diploma course in Electrical Engineering.
- For admission in Ist year : 10th passed from any recognized board. (Maths, Science and English compulsory) For admission in IInd year : ITI or 10+2 (vocational) from any recognized board
- 3 years
- Full time
- Semester system (Each semester is of 16 weeks and each week has 40 hours of contact for academic work)
Basically diploma holders in Mechanical engineering are imparted training to work in industry as supervisor of production shops which includes supervision of worker working on the machines.
Main Subjects :Three Year Diploma Curricular
- This course deals with the maintenance, repair and production of electrical equipment and systems.
- To do maintenance, repair and production of electrical equipment and systems.
- To procure, inspect and test electrical and electronic engineering materials.
- To design wiring schemes for domestic and power installation , to draw layouts for wiring diagram, to understand and interpret the drawings prepared by others according to Indian standards and relevant Indian Electricity Rules.
- To do fault diagnosis, repairing small electrical gadgets/domestic appliances making joints and carrying out wiring work.
- To select, operate, maintain, test and repair/replace electrical machinery used in various industrial and domestic applications.
- To perform the duties of installation, operation, maintenance and testing of measuring instruments.
- To use various quality control techniques and safety measures adopted
- To do industrial installation, laying cables, earthing, installing motors with their accessories, wiring testing of contractor control circuits and motor winding.
- To design and modify electrical control circuits, to carry out trouble shooting in control circuits.
- To Prepare estimates of different kinds of jobs in domestic wiring, industrial wiring in transmission and distribution systems
- To install, erect, and commission the power equipment.
Electrical Engg. Materials
- Electrical Science
- Electrical Engg. Drawing
- Elect. Workshop Practice
- Electrical Machines
- Basic Electronics
- Electrical Measurements & Measuring Instruments
- General Engg. &Fabrication Techniques
- Industrial Management
- Electronics Devices & Circuits
- Electrical Power (Transmission & Distribution)
- Power Electronics
- Electrical Power (Gen. Switch gear & Protection)
- Utilisation of Electrical Energy
- Students can opt for AMIE, Grade IETE can get admission in IInd year Bachelor of Engg. based on the merit of Diploma or through entrance exam for further education.
- Students can opt for AMIE, Grade IETE can get admission in IInd year Bachelor of Engg. based on merit of Diploma or through entrance exam for further education.
- Electrical Science
- In the field of Generation, Transmission and Distribution of Electrical power.
- Operation and maintenance of equipments, lines, fault location, planning and designing of simple distribution schemes.
- Executive and supervisory control in power stations or sub-stations, transmission and distribution networks.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of a variety of electrical equipment.
- Private Industries and firms dealing in the field of Meters and manufacturing and sale of a variety of electrical equipment.